The Prizewinner Runner Pole Bean produces a blue-ribbon show of crimson blossoms that transform into succulent, flavorful foot-long pods with speckled purple-red beans inside. Pick young for snap beans and mature for shell beans, or give them more time on stage and use them dried. A prolific producer that will win first, second, and third prize in your garden.
- Easy to grow
- High yields
- Long pods up to 12"
- Eat fresh, shelled, or dried
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Phaseolus coccineus
- Depth to plant seeds: 1" deep
- Spacing between plants: 5" apart
- Spacing between rows: 18"-24" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 8-14 days
- Germination soil temps: 70F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 4 plants per sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 80-115 days
FAVA & BROAD BEANS
* THE SEED SHOP *
Discover even more variety for your garden
Filter seed varieties by personality: