The Large Red Cherry Pepper has been a staple in American gardens since the mid-1800s. Tall plants set fruit continuously throughout the season, ripening from vivid green to maraschino red. With smooth, thick skin and sweet flavor, this adorable 1"-2" mini pepper is the perfect size and texture for pickling, canning, skewering, or stuffing with a cube of mozzarella to roast or grill.
- High yields
- Sweet and crunchy
- Good for containers
SEED PLANTING TIPS
- Botanical name: Capsicum annuum
- Pepper size: Small/Mini 1"-2"
- Plant support: Tomato cage or stake
- Depth to plant seeds: .25" deep
- Spacing between plants: 18"-24" apart
- Spacing between rows: 24"-36" apart
- Days to germinate (sprout): 7-21 days
- Germination soil temps: 75F-85F
- Soil needs: 6.0-7.0 pH
- Sun needs: Full sun
- Frost hardy: No
- Planting season: Spring, summer
- # of plants per sq. ft.: Appx. 1 plant per 2 sq. ft.
- Days to maturity: 75-85 days
- Plant produces excellent yields of delicious sweet round red cherry peppers on a compact plant. Excellent for salads, stuffing, canning, or cooking. Very easy to grow. Grows well in containers and tight spaces. A must for the gourmet home gardeners.
|All Peppers ⟐ Sweet Peppers||📚 Sweet Peppers Grow Guide|
* THE SEED SHOP *
Discover even more variety for your garden
Filter seed varieties by personality: